Complete graduation in Electrical Engineering with large experience in project engineering, construction and project engineering development for chemical, petrochemical, oil and gas plants – onshore and offshore.
The Electrical Engineer shall provide engineering capacity with emphasis on electrical analysis and installation design for topsides, offshore platforms and onshore oil and gas projects. The position as Electrical Engineer shall be involved in projects from the concept to the detail of the design, through to implementation, testing and handover with the following duties:
- Provide specialist skills, integrity and knowledge in key areas of topsides and platforms, including design codes, legislative requirements and current good engineering practices to offshore and onshore projects.
- Provide good knowledge in technical matters related to engineering and electrical design issues in offshore projects identifying customer requirements.
- Design and calculation of installation aids, systems and products, prepare design specifications, Hazard Area studies, material take off and typical technical drawings deliverables (plants, data sheets, HV motors and switchgear, single lines, power systems studies, load flow, harmonics, AC/DC load tables, lighting, earthing, heat tracing, cathodic protection, soil resistivity, cables etc.)
- Prepare specification for installation, commissioning, scope of work, equipment, panels, power transformers, generators, distribution boards, UPS, cathodic protection, HVAC, PLC´s, CCTV, etc. based on oil and gas electrical engineering development.
- Liaise with others in the design team and good communication with clients and contractors
- Provide electrical assistance during occasional periods of offshore or site working, site surveys and attend meetings on site.
- Follow up the procurement, vendor data review, fabrication, mobilization and installation of the equipment designed.
Relevant software experience (e.g. SPDA, DIAlux, AUTOCAD).
- Technical support in connection regarding to project changes, break-downs and maintenance needs.
- Prepare specifications, scope of work, calculations and procedures for modifications/improvements.
- Provide engineering assistance to the project managers in preparation of all deliverables and specifications for the project detailing and execution.
- Provide engineering assistance to field teams and managers in preparation of the design reviews.
- Recommendation of actions that should be taken in vessel technical related issues.
- Operate within structured ways of working to control all engineering output documentation and calculations.
- Develop and maintain relationship with manufacturer/suppliers of relevant manufacturers documentation, vendor data review, approval and release for fabrication.
- Responsible for transfer of experience, lessons learned and know how between all disciplines in the engineering team.
- Promote personal continual professional development through regular engagement with the professional engineering community on an internal and external basis to increase knowledge and understanding.
- Actively participate in relevant training to pursue continuing professional development.
- Desire understanding of the subsea construction techniques, equipment and methods.
- Experience in offshore surveys (Tie in point’s identification by physical marking).
- Fluent in English.